Rank and File week 14
I give you 2 different polls.
First, power rankings for the Top 10 based on a resume of what teams have done, wins over ranked teams count for more than wins and wins over Charleston Southern count for... nothing, losses against ranked teams hurt less than losses to Colorado which hurt less than losses to App State. If you want the point scale, lemme know, otherwise you will see the rank, the team and their total points. Tiebreakers are based on a mix of my opinion and a closer look at the quality wins/losses.
1. Mizzou - 14
2. LSU - 14 (I know it seems crazy, but they beat 2 top 10 teams and another top 25 team and they didn't play a 1AA team)
3. WV - 11 (with a win over Pitt, they will move up to 12 points)
4. Ohio State - 11
5. UGA - 11
6. Va Tech - 11
7. Hawaii - 11
8. OU - 11
9. BC - 10
10. Kansas - 9
However, taking into account how teams are playing right now and how I think teams might do if they faced each other, here is my Top 25 with last weeks rankings in () plus snarky comments.
1. WV (3) - that offense is incredible and the defense is improved
2. Mizzou (4) - could you imagine the Tigers and the 'Neers running wild in the MNC game?
3. Ohio St (5)
4. UGA (6)
5. LSU (1) - I struggle to put them here, because the next 5 teams are all so close
6. VA Tech (8) - since LSU destroyed the Hokies earlier this year, I couldn't put them ahead of the Tigers
7. Kansas (2) - just barely because they only have 1 loss, but they also had an easier road
8. OU (10) - has beaten 2 ranked tea; without Bradford, you can drop them a few places
9. USC (14) - their defense destroyed Arizona State
10. BC (11)
11. Florida (15)
12. Hawaii (18) - okay, you beat a decent team, so you get to move up
13. Arizona St (7)
14. Illinois (19)
15. Tenn (17)
16. Clemson (23) - from her down it's just a bunch of teams that are pretty interchangeable
17. Boise St (12)
18. Cinn (22)
19. South Florida (25)
20. Oregon (9) - I dropped Oregon quite a bit because without Dixon, this team is mediocre at best
21. UVA (16)
22. Wisconsin (24ish)
23. Texas (13) - I don't know which pains me more Wisconsin or Texas.
24. BYU (21)
25. Auburn (NR)
Thoughts?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home