Focus on Sports

World Wide Lens focuses on the world of Sports.

Tuesday, March 27

We're back

Okay, so I lost my notes on how Tommy Bowden is a barely above average coach and will need a really good season this year to save his job, so I am not going back to do the research, but suffice to say, he has made a living off late season big wins after slow starts or hot starts with late season fades to keep his job. And he totally missed the opportunity of his Clemson career this past year to have the season that everyone has been waiting for.

With that out of the way we're on to more pressing matters... my fantasy baseball team. After a year hiatus, the insanity is back and I dove in. I've got a decent team, despite drafting an injured Chone Figgins way to early. But the big news is that one owner dropped Corey Patterson before the season started. He made 2 other drops and if I remember correctly here is the balance of the transactions:
Gone: Nick Johnson, Corey Patterson, Ted Lilly
Added: Mark DeRosa, Sean Casey, Ty Wiggington
Okay, no one needs to own both Wigginton and DeRosa. They are most valuable for their versatility and while I like Wiggs, the guy really didn't need him and especially didn't need DeRosa.
But more importantly, HOW DO YOU DROP A GUY THAT HAS 25-50 POTENTIAL?!!! I know Patterson has been quite a disappointment for most of his career. I know he has almost as many Ks as Johann Santana... and that's not a good thing. But come on, tell me you can't use a guy that puts up .260 75R 17HRs 55RBI 50SBs. He is a poor man's Carl Crawford and that ain't a bad thing.
The trouble is that I am last in waiver position and I doubt I will get him. More bad news, there are plenty of teams that need speed. Seriously, what kind of stupid move is it to drop that kind of guy before the season starts without a serious injury concern?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home