Focus on Sports

World Wide Lens focuses on the world of Sports.

Saturday, May 26

What do you get when you mix Gil Meche with David Weathers?

This.

An old beat up punching bag.

Both "pitched" tonight and got jacked like a Mike Tyson opponent (or girlfriend) circa 1987.
They struggled through 5 2/3 innings combined and gave up 13 earned runs during the pounding. What was amazing is that Meche was getting hit hard from the start and had already given up 5 runs in 4 innings and was ineffective the whole night, yet they sent him back out to the slaughter only to surrender 2 more runs.

I had been leading my fantasy league in ERA and WHIP. My team ERA was 3.23 going into the night; after these 2 jerks finished I was sitting at 3.52 and had lost 2 spots in ERA.

I really wanted to go off on these guys, but finally had to shut down my computer before I posted a Jon Samuelesque rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home