Focus on Sports

World Wide Lens focuses on the world of Sports.

Friday, September 14

Rank and File

Please take these with a grain of salt as I only saw 1 & 1/2 games in week 1 and about the same on week 2. I do not profess to be in regular season form yet.

But right now, here is how I see the top 25:

1. LSU - shut out Miss St, killed what was supposed to be a good VT team.
2. OU - NTx meant very little, but the beat down they put on The "u" was impressive. Let's see if Sam can keep it up.
3. SoCal - cry if you want Trojans, but when you don't schedule a real game in the first 2 weeks, slides are a reality. Beat the Huskers and I should be able to move you back up.
4. WV - the defense still worries me, but how many teams are going to keep up with them on offense.
5. Florida - I think this team still has some questions, but right now this seems right. We'll know more after Saturday.
6. Texas - I was skeptical after the first game, but the 2nd half against a solid TCU squad has temporarily restored some confidence in this team.
7. Cal - Much like WV (or Lville) this team can score points, but their defense is still shaky.
8. Wisc - A better showing against UNLV would have put this team a couple of spots higher.
9. Lville - see WV
10. PSU
11. Rutgers - a team that does a lot right on the field and a school that does a lot wrong in the stands- respect your armed forces.
12. OSU - gets a good gut check this week in Seattle.
13. UCLA - this team could be really great or greatly disappointing.
14. Oregon - Umm, how does the AP have this team behind VT?
15. GT - As much as I hate to do it, the Geeks have a good defense, a good run game and pounded the Domers.
16. Nebraska - enjoy it while it lasts.
17. South Carolina - not a great team, but a dangerous team.
18. Arkansas - I have a lot of questions about this team, hopefully Sunday I will have more answers.
19. BC - Looking for the inside track at an ACC title.
20. Clemson - I guess Tommy is repeating '06 formula= build up a few wins before collapsing.
21. South Florida - Gets credit for beating
Awburn.
22. Bama - faces big challenge this week.
23. Washington - So you beat 'Cuse, big deal. Oh, you beat Boise St, that's good. Beat the Buckeyes and you will make a huge leap.
24. Mizzou - I hate to rank this team here, but they are 2-0, so they stay ahead of the Dogs (for now).
25. UGA - beat what was supposed to be a good OkSt team, had a tough loss to a good Carolina team, should be 2-1 after this week.

So that's it until we start over on Sunday morning. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home