Lace 'em up, snap 'em on

Today, Sanford Stadium will host the annual G-Day game to wrap up spring practice for the Dogs.
Unfortunately, it's a more than a drive from Chiang Mai to Athens, so I will miss another Spring Classic. But more than watching 1st team vs. 2nd team match-ups, I will miss Mellow Mushroom pizza, Guthrie's, the Varsity, North Campus in bloom, beautiful co-eds in sundresses (Ginny, ignore that last part), the Lettermen's Barbeque and all the Classic City has to offer.
Hopefully, the fans will get to see some good ball, the coaches will have a better idea of their lineups for the fall and the players will stay healthy.
If you make it to Athens this week, enjoy it for me. Make sure to eat rings and a fried pie from the Varsity or a pepperoni & mushroom pizza (w/ with a Sweetwater 420) or a plate with extra bread- no slaw; walk under the Arches; and ring the Chapel bell.
Go Dogs!


2 Comments:
What last part? :D
On September 30th I will try and get down to Oxford and see your Gmen. Hopefully that'll be one game they don't win.
I remember how that was the toughest thing about being overseas....SEC Sports! Can't count the number of times I listened to internet audio at 3am.
Post a Comment
<< Home