Conference Call
Yet another attempt to keep the readers happy (or upset)... I am going to post a list of the conferences and how many teams they have in MY top 25, debate and celebration to follow.
Top 10 teams in ()
SEC - 6 (3)
Big 12 - 6 (1)
Pac 10 - 4 (3)
ACC - 3 (1)
Big East - 3 (1)
Big 10 - 2 (1)
WAC - 1
I waited to do this because there was nothing to be gained with the Big 10 & Big 12 open up with so many out of conference cream puffs. There should be some more movement in the rankings because teams are getting into the meat of there schedule and frankly, this has been a wacky season and the casualties are mounting.


3 Comments:
I was ok with everything until this statement "Big 10 & Big 12 open up with so many out of conference cream puffs." Why? Here are some of the SEC games up until now.
W Carolina (1-6) (Div I-AA) (2 SEC teams played them)
N Texas (1-5)
UT Chatt (2-4) (Div I-AA)
FIU (0-6)
UL Monroe (1-5)
W Kentucky (3-3) Yes, they have 3 wins but look who they beat.
E Kentucky (5-2) (Div. I-AA)
Kent State (3-4)
M Tenn St (2-5)
Tulane (1-5) (2 SEC teams played them)
Memphis (2-5)
LA Tech (2-4)
Gardner Webb (2-4) (Div. I-AA)
UAB (2-4)
Richmond (4-2) (Div. I-AA)
E Michigan (2-5)
LA Lafayette (1-6)
SC State (3-3) (Div I-AA)
That's 6 Div I-AA teams!!!
And some of the SEC teams opened with Vanderbilt. Way to go SEC showing everyone how to play tough non-conference openers. On behalf of all Big 10 and Big 12 fans I accept your apology in advance.
Ok, just to let it be know and fair here is the Big 12 non-conference teams
SMU (1-5)
Rice (1-5) (3 Big 12 teams played them)
NW State (3-3) (Div I-AA)
TX State (1-5) (Div I-AA)
Buffalo (3-4)
Sam Houston (2-4) (Div I-AA)
LA Monroe (1-5)
N Texas (1-5)
Utah State (0-6)
SE LA (2-4) (Div I-AA)
Toledo (2-5) (2 Big 12 teams played them)
FIU (0-6)
San Jose State (3-4)
Missouri St. (4-3) (Div I-AA)
CSU (0-6)
W Michigan (3-4)
Ill St. (3-4) (Div I-AA)
Nevada (2-4)
Northern Iowa (6-0) (Div. I-AA)
Iowa (3-4)
I am in no way saying that the Big 12 doesn't play cream puffs. What I am saying is that the SEC does as well. And they are not done. The mix their non-conference games in with their conference games. The Big 12 generally plays them all up front.
1. Technically someone has to open with Vandy- who is better than every team you listed above except maybe Iowa.
2. Also, you forgot the biggest OOC game of the year UGA-Ok St.
3. And Auburn vs. K-State.
Post a Comment
<< Home