Rank and File week 15
Here we are at the end of the season and what a crazy season it has been. This week, I am not offering any power rankings, but rather blending each teams resume with where each team is right now. For instance, Oregon has a decent resume, but since they lost Dennis Dixon, they have lost every game and they are not at the level of Oklahoma or Ohio State, so they get docked more than if they had a healthy Dixon. Stinks, I know, but that is life and these are my rankings (free of Herbstreit's propaganda).
1. OU (8) - didn't see that one coming did you? Several teams have resumes that are a pinch better than the Sooners, but the way they handled Mizzou put them at the top.
2. USC (9) - see above
3. UGA (4) - biased? Yes, but as I qualified earlier the product the Bulldogs are putting on the field is as good as anyone else in the nation
4. LSU (5) - upset? Beat Arkansas.
5. VA Tech (6) - their only losses were to LSU & BC, who they just beat
6. Ohio St (3) - a win in a conference championship game would have helped their cause, too bad the Big Televen doesn't have one
7. Mizzou (2)
8. WV (1) - the Mountaineers didn't do great with Pat White in, but without him they were horrible
9. Kansas (7) - easy schedule hurts
10. Florida (11) - a better defense would vault them up significantly
11. Hawaii (12)
12. Arizona St (13)
13. Illinois (14)
14. BC (10) - I had to put BC ahead of a Clemson team they beat
15. Clemson (16)
16. Boise St (17)
17. Cinn (18)
18. South Florida (19)
19. UVA (21)
20. Tenn (15)
21. Wisconsin (22)
22. Texas (23)
23. BYU (24)
24. Auburn (25)
25. Arkansas (NR) - Oregon falling out allowed Arkansas to cash in on win against LSU
Also considered: UConn, Air Force, UCF, Arkansas, Navy


2 Comments:
Can I do a guest rant about the Patriots? Wait...scratch that...they were would be too many expletives.
Jason,
Here's to, what has to be, one of THE CRAZIEST seasons in our lifetime!
I can surely feel the love.
Post a Comment
<< Home