Bush's falling approval rating
Don't worry, I haven't gone politco on you. This post isn't about W, it's about Reggie.
Somewhere between January 3rd and now, things kinda unravelled for the Heisman Trophy winner.
January 4th, his team lost the National Title against Texas in the Rose Bowl.
A few weeks ago, rumors surfaced about a scandal with an agent.
Last Friday, Williams slipped by Bush to be the top pick in the NFL Draft.
Now there's talk that the deal with the agent could end up costing Bush and his alma mater the 2004 National Championship.
I'm sure Reggie has to be asking himself, "How did things go south so quickly (and without the aide of Rumsfeld)?"
We know that Vince Young is what happened on January 4th (and the fact that USC had been cruising past Pac10 teams with poor defenses).
Apparently, the Texans felt that Williams was a better long-term investment and more likely to sign on the dotted line without hassles.
But the question Reggie Bush and his parents have to ask themselves is, "Why the heck did we illegally get involved with agents (agents without a strong track record, no less) and pee away our future and USC's past?" I'm not going to debate whether or not college players should get paid. That's not the point here. The point is that a high profile player who surely knew the rules made a mistake and apparently his parents set the tone for his unscrupulous actions. Second, the agents made a mistake- one solely based on greed. Frankly, I think both should be punished.
What remains to be seen is whether Bush can put this mess behind him, swollow his pride and be the impact player the Saints hope he will be.
Meanwhile, a hard-luck Leinhart has a chance to put up some good numbers with a possibly potent offense in Arizona (I know, I never thought I would say that either) and Vince Young will try to resurrect the Titans with the help of Reggie's pals, White and Chow.


1 Comments:
Was LSU in that mix too?
Post a Comment
<< Home