Much Love and a Little Hate
My Top 25
1. Ohio State - Michigan will beat them.
2. USC
3. Auburn
4. West Virginia - I was surprised that ECU's suspect run defense slowed down Slaton, but White picked up the slack.
5. Florida
6. Michigan - almost put them ahead of Florida
7. Texas
8. LSU
9. Louisville - I had to drop the Cards because I think their offense has lost some punch due to injuries.
10. Virginia Tech - Hokies struggled in the first half, but bounced back nicely
11. Iowa - Drew Tate is better than many QBs getting Heisman love.
12. Tennessee- I know the verdict is still out on the Vols, but I am going to err on giving them too much credit.
13. Notre Dame - Stupid Spartans lost the game! Oh, how I miss the Davies-Willingham slump of old when we didn't get the Irish force fed to us.
14. UGA - I know, I hate to put them behind the Catholics, but right now, with that offense, they couldn't beat ND. Also, I just want to go on record that if there is a better 0-4 team than Colorado, I'd like to know about it.
15. TCU
16. Oklahoma - Enjoy the love for now, because you fall in 2 weeks.
17. Oregon
18. Clemson - gives hope that after a botched PAT, you can have success. Alabama, take note.
19. Cal - Acutally dropped with a win. Hmm... how did that happen?
20. FSU - big deal it was Rice.
21. Boise State
22. Nebraska - didn't let Troy come close to scaring them.
23. Rutgers - they're 4-0, what can I say?
24. Mizzou - See Rutgers.
25. Georgia Tech - sad that a loss to ND is still your best arguement for being in the top 25, even sadder that I fell for it.
Knocking on the door:
Boston College - victim of market correction after inflated projections.
Miami
Texas Tech - big show down with Mizzou opens the door for one team and leaves the other outside.


2 Comments:
Hey say all you want about Oklahoma. Here is a small bet. Oklahoma wins you make a post asking every Sooner fan for forgiveness for every doubting that they could beat saxeT. BOOMER SOONER!! IF....IF....they were to lose I'll take you to dinner at the Duke's.
But after seeing UGA take on CU you really need to be worried about Mississippi, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt, they are 1-3, not to mention Kentucky they are 2-2. Real powerhouses. If you guys can't beat a 0-3 team that hadn't scored more than 23 points in the 3 games before UGA and they even hold you scoreless until the 4th quarter, BETWEEN YOUR OWN HEDGES!! Well....maybe you guys need to focus on more than Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, and Ga Tech.
1. I never bet on college football. I usually have too much emotionally riding on it, there is no reason to put money or anything else on it.
2. I guess on Oct 21st, we'll find out how good Colorado is.
3. You mentioned the bottom teams in the SEC. True there are some teams that have bad records and aren't probably that good of teams, but since they are conference games, there isn't much that UGA can do about that. But to make a point: the teams that beat Mississippi have a record of 10-2 and include a top 25 Mizzou team and an undefeated Wake Forest team. Miss St lost to 3-1 South Carolina, #2 Auburn and Tulane, but beat UAB- just like UGA and OU, except they didn't really beat UAB like Georgia, they kept them close like OU. Kentucky lost to #5 Florida and #8 Louisville. Finally, Vandy losses came to teams with a 10-2 record including #6 Michigan.
I worry about every game, sure I expect to beat certain teams, but you never know.
4. Michigan might not beat Ohio State, but I think they can.
5. I made the statement that I believe Colorado is the best 0-4 team. Here are the others: Rice, Stanford, Eastern Michigan, Miami (OH), Temple, Utah State, Florida Atlantic and Florida International.
Rice - has played the best teams, but has gotten killed by everyone except Houston
Stanford - their closest game was against San Jose State
Eastern Michigan - their closest game was against Central Michigan
Miami (OH) - got killed by Northwestern and Syracuse
Temple - the worst team in America
Utah State - giving Temple a run for the money
Florida Atlantic - 39 points is their smallest margin of loss
Florida International - probably Colorado's best competition. Here is their record:
vs. MTSU 6-7
vs. South Florida 20-21
vs. Bowling Green 28-33
vs. Maryland 10-14
I'll stand with my statement that Colorado is the best 0-4 team in the nation.
6. Finally, I hope you understand that I don't really get a vote in the AP or USA Today/Coaches polls. These are merely my thoughts and observations. Even though there is a 99% chance that I am 100% correct, it is still speculation and conjecture.
Post a Comment
<< Home