Focus on Sports

World Wide Lens focuses on the world of Sports.

Monday, October 16

Not in the Dog House This Week

Here's my Top 25 after Florida, Iowa, Virginia Tech & Missouri were all upset this weekend.

1. Ohio State (1)
2. Michigan (2) - Their run defense is awesome.
3. USC (4) - How many weeks are they gonna keep getting by before the lose?
4. Texas (6) - Don't count the Longhorns out.
5. West Virginia (5) - Good team, but I not consistently great.
6. Tennessee (8)
7. Louisville (7) - Brohm is back, but I don't think this team has it's explosiveness back.
8. Clemson (10) - This is a team I would not want to go up against.
9. Cal (9) - Should be able to end the Trojans' run of narrow victories.
10. Auburn (11) - Guess the Tigers weren't too happy about getting whipped by the Hogs.
11. Florida (3) - Such is life in the SEC.
12. Notre Dame (12)
13. LSU (15) - I know it was Kentucky, but they shut them out.
14. Georgia Tech (13)
15. Arkansas (18) - Hitting stride at just the right time.
16. Oregon (20)
17. Boise State (19) - They can't get any respect; the AP Poll ran before they even played... and won again.
18. Nebraska (22) - Now sitting pretty to get whooped by the Longhorns in the Big XII Title Game.
19. Rutgers (24) - I am ready to admit that the SUNY is legit... of course, I thought the same thing about Mizzou last week.
20. Wisconsin (NR) - The Badgers are working their way back up after losing to Michigan.
21. Boston College (25) - Jettisoned the Hokies from any relevancy.
22. Oklahoma (23) - I really fought with OU this week; part of me wanted to give them a higher pity ranking for losing Peterson, part of me wanted to drop them to where I thought they were as a team without Peterson, but in the end, I ranked them based on where I thought they should be this week.
23. Wake Forest (NR) - This is my new team. My boy Meat is the Head Football Manager, so I mine as well pull for someone that knows what the heck they are doing.
24. Texas A&M (NR) - This one pains me.
25. Mizzou (16) - Always good for making life a little bit worse, the Tigers got tripped up by the Aggies.

Not worthy of ranking until they beat Auburn or Florida and Georgia Tech:
UGA

Not worthy of a bowl game:
Miami

Not worthy of having a football team:
Florida International

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home