Focus on Sports

World Wide Lens focuses on the world of Sports.

Thursday, August 24

Thoughts from a long time coming

Okay, so it has been forever since I have updated this site and I will probably be the only one to ever read this, but... what the heck!

1. Props to Julio Franco for his ability to contribute at 48 years old and for his faith in Jesus Christ.

2. I finally got to watch all of the 2006 Sugar Bowl. All I can say is that 3 turnovers, a stupid penalty on Max Jean-Giles and not stopping a fake punt killed the Dogs. We could have and should have beat West Virginia.

3. I really wish we could trade players in college football. I would trade Joe T (or Joe Cox) and Danny Ware for a starting QB. Just think, we could've gotten Sam Keller from Arizona State and he wouldn't have transferred to Nebraska. Interestingly enough, I searched through both the SEC and the ACC and it seems most teams are either in need of a good QB or the need to pick from a host of QB options that haven't distinguised themselves from the competition. I hate to side with that pugdy Bowden, but Auburn and Florida are definitely the teams to beat because of the teams are solid and they have good QBs to lead the team.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you able to get any of the Byrnes HS game on ESPN Sat? They spanked a powerhouse team from Fla on nat'l TV! Byrnes is ranked #2 in the country in USA Today. Not too many times will you turn the ball over 5 times and still win by 2 TD's (awesome defense). I've spoke to coach Bently over there about speaking at our Men's Breakfast at FBC.

Jason says "GO DAWGS"

29/8/06 12:50 AM  
Blogger JasonC said...

I don't have cable or satellite TV here, so I missed it. Also, they don't show regular ESPN here. We get a lot of soccer and formula racing.

29/8/06 11:57 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

I'm reading this here blog. I don't get half the stuff, but I'm reading it. :D

5/9/06 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home